Thursday, March 15, 2007

Getgo Carwash

Although this isn't directly related to our ongoing service design project with Hillman, I thought it was a nice example of good service design.

Yesterday, my friend Rebecca and I took my car through the GetGo carwash. Going through a carwash is pretty fun, normally, but the GetGo carwash is super fun---the soap that they spray on your car is rainbow colored! You're sitting in there snugly, and all of a sudden pink and yellow and blue sprays all over your windshield.


It's a really nice little detail---certainly not necessary as far as getting your car clean is concerned, but it makes those few minutes spent in the weird garage very pleasant, even delightful, because of the surprise factor.

I tried to take a quick video of the colored soap, but it's hard to see through my camera phone. Turn your speakers down a little; Rebecca squeals kinda loudly. :)

No comments: